We are Ria Warmerdam from Op Vrije Voeten and Gea van Veen from Via Gaia, and we work together to create the guides. Since the beginning of 2023 we have had a joint webshop where both cycling and walking guides are sold. Ria takes care of the ordering of the walking guides and Gea the cycling guides and separate pilgrims passports. If one of us cycles or walks, the other takes over. Do you have questions about your order? See How to contact Via Gaia or Op Vrije Voeten.
- The cycling guide and the hiking guide for the Gudbrandsdalsleden are in English and Dutch (Dutch: Het Olvaspad).
- The hiking guide St:Olavsleden is in German and Dutch
- All other guides are in Dutch
When there is sufficient demand, the other guide might be translated to English, Norwegian or German as well. If you are interested, please contact us.
For one or two guides
- Shipping within the Netherlands: free
- Shipping within Europe: € 9,00
- Shipping outside of Europe: € 15,00
Are you a book seller? Please contact us through the contact form.
On weekdays, the order can be shipped within 24 hours. Arrival can take anywhere between one and four days. Outside the Netherlands can take three to fourteen days.
Apart from the Via Gaia website, the cycling* guides are also for sale at:
In the Netherlands:
- The Fietsvakantiewinkel
- The Vakantiefietser in Amsterdam
- Outdoorshop Bever (almost all big cities)
- Pied à Terre / Scheltema in Amsterdam
- Stanley & Livingstone / Douwes in Den Haag
- De Zwerfkei in Woerden
- Landschap Reisboekwinkel in Eindhoven
- De Zwerver in Groningen
- De Noorderzon in Arnhem
- MoreTravelBooks in Zelhem en Lochem
- Pelgrimscentrum Oslo
- Pelgrimscentrum Hamar
- Pelgrimscentrum Granavollen
- Nationaal Pelgrimscentrum in Trondheim
- The shop of the Nidaros kathedraal in Trondheim
- Alta Via Travel books en maps in Antwerpen
- Anticyclone des Acores in Brussel
- AS Adverture (all all big cities)
- Atlas en Zanzibar in Gent
- Craenen in Herent
- De Reyghere in Brugge
* For an overview of points of sale for the walking guides, see the Op Vrije Voeten website.
Book stores, outdoor shops, bicycle shops, and other retailers can place an order through the contact form. Please provide the amount and other information as needed in the message part of the form. The order will be shipped as soon as possible (with a discount for retailers).
Book stores, outdoor shops, and other retailers can place an order by sending an email to . Please provide the amount and other information (name, address). The order will be shipped as soon as possible (with a discount for retailers).
Yes, you can return your order. If the order hasn’t been shipped yet, you can cancel your order. Contact us as soon as possible through the contact form. The money will be returned to your account number within 14 days. If the order has been shipped, you can return it within 14 days. The guide has to be in its original condition, and you need to pay for the shipment yourself. After the return shipment has been received, the purchase amount for the guide will be returned to your account number within 14 days.
Tip: keep your shipping receipt. If something goes wrong, your shipment can be retraced with that information.